Monday 17 May 2010

A new bike adventure planned!

So here I am, sitting here staring out of my window looking at the sun, wondering why we all choose to stay in our homes when there are so many adventures to be explored outside? I've had a dull year, or so. I haven't been able to find work, and have stagnated as an unemployed person, taking my bi-weekly visit to the local Jobcentre office to smile and not look so lost, just enough to answer their questions how, I assume they want to hear them. Sometimes, I have been lucky, sometimes I have not. But, that's the role you assume when you exist under such an archaic benefit system. Thanks to the protestant work ethic I suppose? But, it hasn't been a complete disaster this year. I have completed another education course, which might just, by the skin of my teeth, enable me to work somewhere less brutal and confused than this country. I hope. And that is an important thing, perhaps the best of things.

It has been on my mind for some time now. I have that frustrating, ever-increasing urge to wander. To see other shores, and to know first-hand that the world is a good safe place. You see, Television, Newspapers, Internet stories, all media here, seems to promote anxiety and fear in our lives. But, to me, it has the opposite effect. I choose to ignore it, until it goes away completely. But, I know it won't go away. It's like an unrelenting ever marching soldier, perhaps even similar to the cowboy in the movie 'Westworld'. It does not, will not, ever stop.

It's harder for the unemployed person. We don't own our own house, we don't have a garden, we have no real pleasurable distractions other than cigarettes, alcohol, and television. There is not much else for the majority of people. But I hope to be different. Freedom, after all, is what you do with what has been done to you. So, i'm planning an adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! I'm alone in the middle of anywhere. Tell me it's going to be just fine.